Help needed with legacy Color Kinetics products--iColor Cove, iPlayer2, and ColorPlay

Hey all,

I acquired a boatload - tubs and tubs full - of old but nearly unused iColor Cove fixtures from a marketing tour. Also a few of the iPlayer2 controllers and the sPDS 60 DMX/Ethernet power supplies for the cove fixtures. They all seem to work fine with the supplied 8-button serial remotes, but I'm having an impossible time getting new shows onto the controllers in order to have a bit of fun at the club. The iPlayers were programmed once upon a time with single, static colors on each button, which is weak.

What I'm running into is this: The drivers won't install at all on my XP laptop - Windows won't acknowledge that the driver file I downloaded from CK's own website is a valid driver for the iPlayer. On the Mac side, the drivers install just fine, but when I run ColorPlay with the iPlayer connected via USB, it's not recognised as a controller, and the software says nothing's attached (even though Finder shows an iPlayer attached and recognised as a USB hard drive, which is correct according to CK's documents). I've tried connecting just the iPlayer as well as the iPlayer connected to the sPDS connected to the cove fixtures, but no go.

They're legacy products, so I don't think Philips/CK is going to give me the time of day. Here's hoping someone on CB has experience with these things.

Best,
Allen

Re: Help needed with legacy Color Kinetics products--iColor Cove, iPlayer2, and Color

Hey all,

I acquired a boatload - tubs and tubs full - of old but nearly unused iColor Cove fixtures from a marketing tour. Also a few of the iPlayer2 controllers and the sPDS 60 DMX/Ethernet power supplies for the cove fixtures. They all seem to work fine with the supplied 8-button serial remotes, but I'm having an impossible time getting new shows onto the controllers in order to have a bit of fun at the club. The iPlayers were programmed once upon a time with single, static colors on each button, which is weak.

What I'm running into is this: The drivers won't install at all on my XP laptop - Windows won't acknowledge that the driver file I downloaded from CK's own website is a valid driver for the iPlayer. On the Mac side, the drivers install just fine, but when I run ColorPlay with the iPlayer connected via USB, it's not recognised as a controller, and the software says nothing's attached (even though Finder shows an iPlayer attached and recognised as a USB hard drive, which is correct according to CK's documents). I've tried connecting just the iPlayer as well as the iPlayer connected to the sPDS connected to the cove fixtures, but no go.

They're legacy products, so I don't think Philips/CK is going to give me the time of day. Here's hoping someone on CB has experience with these things.

Best,
Allen

I'm in the same boat, well I have all the lights and 3 DMx boxes with 2 iplayer controllers but no software so I'm stuck.. And color connects don't carry the software anymore so I'm still looking for the disk or download...

Re: Help needed with legacy Color Kinetics products--iColor Cove, iPlayer2, and Color

I've passed this on to my contacts at Philips/Color Kinetics.

One of my associates used to work at CK when those products were active. I sent him your question and got this response:

>You probably already know this, but you need to be using the older ColorPlay 1.8 >software for show authoring (instead of ColorPlay 3)
>I've been able to successfully use the iplayer2 Device Driver and ColorPlay 1.8 on an >Windows XP machine.
>
>
>They can be downloaded at:
>Philips Color Kinetics Downloads Archive

One of my associates used to work at CK when those products were active. I sent him your question and got this response:

>You probably already know this, but you need to be using the older ColorPlay 1.8 >software for show authoring (instead of ColorPlay 3)
>I've been able to successfully use the iplayer2 Device Driver and ColorPlay 1.8 on an >Windows XP machine.
>
>
>They can be downloaded at:
>Philips Color Kinetics Downloads Archive

This is true I just got the email from CK this morning and I am downloading now.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back