HELP rotating stage price....

jlindy

Hi Everyone,
I am an artistic director currently without a TD, purchasing a large used rotating stage from a company. The stage is roughly ten years old. It is quite large, and in great condition, but yes used.I would say 25 feet, circular. I have been asked to name a rasonable price for the stage. I HAVE NO idea what something like this goes for or how to depreciate a stage. I believe it was built ten years ago for 500k. ANY help would be great on how much something like this goes for today, or what you think the highest and lowest to go

Are you buying it in NYC or South America?

Is it automated? Is it made out of steel or lumber? Does it come with scenery carts to ship the thing on? If it is automated, how fast does it move? What control system is used to control the automation?

If its made of steel and is automated, I would not pay more then 20k for it. A new one could be built for 30k-40k depending on labor costs and with a full automation package,

IF they really did spend 500k on it, it would have to be made to hold a car, lift 30' into the air, and possible fly at 30,000 ft.

It is steel and mototrized and has a large weight capacity. Has very high and low speeds. Im not sure the operating system is uses. But is controled with a hand held control and dial. I am buying it from a canadian company, not in South America. It packs up into a large freight container for shipment. Thanks for your help, I am clueless. So no more than 20k? It IS 14 years old......but is in pretty great condition.

What are they asking? Offer half and negotiate. Other things to consider. After this show how often will you use it? A lot? pay more. Not so much, concider renting instead.
The post about carts is important. how do you store it when not in use? Do you have to build a surround and store that as well?

Michael Powers, Project Manager, ETCP Certified Rigger - Theatre
Central Lighting & Equipment, Des Moines, Central Lighting & Equipment

I agree with Footer, $20K sounds like a reasonable top end. Other questions to consider, does this come with technical help to get it set up the first time? Or, are there sufficient drawings so you can do this on your own? Or, are you just buying a container full of parts?

$500K? Did they build this out of cocaine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back