Hi All!

Of course in Australia if it gets above 40 most people are wearing shorts, but we are running into the metric war again here. Water freezes at 0 and boils at 100, what is this 32 degrees being the freezing point of water rubbish.

Of course in Australia if it gets above 40 most people are wearing shorts, but we are running into the metric war again here. Water freezes at 0 and boils at 100, what is this 32 degrees being the freezing point of water rubbish.

We're just more sensitive than you Anitpodeans. That's why we have 180 degrees between boiling and freezing. You guys are too busy fighting crocs, and dingos, to notice the difference. We can actually tell the difference between 32 and 33 degrees.

:mrgreen::twisted::mrgreen:

[-]
My understanding, though my Trivia is way off, so feel free to correct me, is Mr. Fahrenheit tried to reproduce the coldest temperature he could, salt and ice in the correct proportions. He wisely assumed it was the coldest possible temperature, so he made it zero, because, hell, it can't get colder than zero, and the earth is flat and the center of the universe, goddammit!

The rest is history.

But wait...there's more. One of my TiVo's recorded a suggestion on the History Channel last night. Here's my synopsis of the re-enactment:

...then Baron Kelvin stopped by, and said "I can make it colder than that!" while pulling out his dewar of LN2. At that very moment, Ms. Celsius and Mr. Centigrade rang the doorbell. When they saw what was going on, they pulled out their thermometer, they seemed to always carry thermometers, and sure enough, it read "-273.15°C." "I can't wait to text gafftaper with this news! He'll be so excited!" exclaimed Ms. Celsius.

But she only had one bar on her cell, so she emailed him instead.

Commercial for "Extenze," which I fast-forwarded through. Then my MacBook bonged, letting me know another message had been posted to one of my many threads on ControlBooth, and I got involved in that, and never got back to the TiVo.:p

Last edited:
I was just watching a show on the History Channel from one of my six TIVOs, about lost passages from the Bible. A recently found manuscript details the great battle in heaven before time began between God and Satan. It turns out the reason Satan and his followers got themselves banished from Heaven was that he insisted Heaven convert to the metric system.

I know! It was quite the surprise to me too! Apparently God hates the metric system as much as I do.

At what temperature does the Fahrenheit and Centigrade thermometer read the same temp.

Hey Derek,

Like the website. That one picture is just wrong. I may never eat mice again.

I still haven't decided if it's funny or sick. I told my sister, who's a Surgical Nurse, I thought it was "kinda gross." She said "not from what I'm used to." Time for a new picture.

Are any of those TiVos the new Series3, HD model? The one that records time in metric units? :)

Metric time? Never heard of it. I've heard of game time, go time, miller time, the 4th dimension: time, Greenwich Mean Time, powdered thyme, bed time, bad time, double time, and hammer time, but never metric time. You're yankin my chain.

On another note, "Apparently God hates the metric system as much as I do." reminds me of South Park:
--- I knew it! Meecrob! [the word is shown in close-up] Meecrob is a curse word! God must hate it as much as I do! ---

Metric time? Never heard of it. I've heard of game time, go time, miller time, the 4th dimension: time, Greenwich Mean Time, powdered thyme, bed time, bad time, double time, and hammer time, but never metric time. You're yankin my chain...................................................

quote]

No it's 10 minutes to an hour 10 hours to a day, ten days to a week 100 weeks to a year. It's all terribly confusing, and it explains why the aussies always log on at odd hours.

Metric time? Never heard of it. I've heard of game time, go time, miller time, the 4th dimension: time, Greenwich Mean Time, powdered thyme, bed time, bad time, double time, and hammer time, but never metric time. You're yankin my chain...................................................
quote]
No it's 10 minutes to an hour 10 hours to a day, ten days to a week 100 weeks to a year. It's all terribly confusing, and it explains why the aussies always log on at odd hours.

I'm not sure if it's all the Aussies who are using Metric Time or just Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back