Hog 3 programming madness

So I have had the pleasure of taking over a TV series where I will be running and programming all the moving lights and LEDs. The person/people before me were extremely unorganized and had a very basic knowledge of programming. After cleaning up palettes I'm about to start cleaning up cue lists and faders and I'm running into some issues. For convenience sake, let's called the last person who ran the board before me X. X programmed many effects on the Hog 3 into cue lists, and in my opinion some of the looks X created are necessary to have in a cue list for organization purposes while others are not. I am wondering if it is at all possible to rearrange cue lists and faders or will I have to re-do a lot of his programming? For example, would it be possible to take cues from multiple cue lists that are used as effects and comprise them into their own cue list?

On a completely different note, I've been also running into another issue while programming where I'll set my levels and try to record, but once I press record the intensity of either the LEDs or the moving lights goes out. The board will program everything else but leave out the intensity. I'll go to reprogram it and make sure I press the "Use I" button on the bottom and it still does not work. Any insights is to why this is?

Another thing I've been having trouble with is how to live edit cues. I've noticed that once an effect, gobo, colour, or beam attribute has been recorded I can't change it. Anyone have any ideas or is it one of those "just do this dumbass".

Any help or pointers you can give me helps. Thanks!!!

Yes it should be easy enough to copy ques and renumber cues. First things first RTFM (to steal an acronym from someone more famous than me)..."Read the Flippin Manual" ;)

Copying Cues
To make a copy of a cue in the same cuelist:
1. Make sure that the cuelist you want to work with is on the currently
chosen master.
2. Cue 1 Copy Cue 2 Enter : copies the contents of Cue 1 to Cue 2.
To copy in a cuelist other than the chosen one, or to copy between cuelists, specify the
cuelist with the List key. For example:
• List 1 Cue 1 Copy List 2 Cue 2 Enter : copies the contents of Cue 1 of
Cuelist 1 to Cue 2 of Cuelist 2.
To copy a range of cues:
• List 1 Cue 1 Thru 4 Copy List 2 Cue 2 Enter : copies the contents of cues
1 to 4 of Cuelist 1 to Cuelist 2, starting at Cue 2.
If the destination cue(s) already exist, you will be asked to choose an option: Insert,
Merge and Replace (p.212).
19.4.2 Moving Cues
To move a cue to a new location:
Cue 1 Move Cue 2 Enter : moves the cue from 1 to Cue 2, effectively
removing Cue 1.
Similarly, to move between cuelists:
• List 1 Cue 1 Move List 2 Cue 2 Enter : moves Cue 1 of Cuelist 1 to Cue
2 of Cuelist 2, effectively removing Cue 1 from Cuelist 1.
If the destination cue(s) already exist, you will be asked to choose an option: Insert,
Merge and Replace (p.212).

This will only affect hard values though.
You can move assign and rearrange cue lists in much the same way.

Your issue with intensity sounds like abug but I'm not positive that it is, something sounds fishy.

The live cue issue you'll find in that handy manual as well....Remember that update is your firend you don't want to "record" the cue again you want to update it. Also make sure you're updating the correct thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back