Control/Dimming Hog 4 USB Widget Upgrade Help

techman47

I have a Hog 3 USB widget (no silver cover) and I was wondering how/where to upgade to use with Hog 4 PC software. Also, what software can I currently use it with? Thanks for the help.

Call your high end dealer.
They can sell you the unlock code for that widget.
As is it will only work with hog 2 pc software. (I know it says hog 3 on it.) Long story, too long to type on my phone. Good luck!

From Hog 3 widget - H4 Software - High End Systems Discussion Forums :
Currently running hog 3 PC with the DMX Widgets. Have both the Blue one and the newer black one. (2 separate rigs) Will I be able to upgrade to the Hog 4 PC software? on either one or both?
Both will work with Hog4PC.
All Hog3 family peripherals, including Wing, Widgets, and DP8000s will work with Hog4PC and Hog4 family consoles.

I believe v1.1.2 b339 is the latest software.

NEVERMIND; defer to Woodj32177. Please do tell us the whole sordid tale when you get to a real keyboard.

Last edited:
There are 3 different versions of the Hog widget.
1:Blue anodized with a Silkscreened flying pig logo (Can be upgraded to 3/4)
2:Blue anodized with a Engraved 3, and a flying pig logo (Can be upgraded to 3/4)
3:Black box style (Comes compatible with 3/4)

On the blue widgets, if the plate that surrounds the DMX connector has a silver oval around it, then that widget has been upgraded to 3/4.

According to what I have heard, all Hog widgets were supposed to be compatible with Hog 3.
However, due to some decision higher up at High End Systems, it was decided that Hog 2 widgets (Most of which are engraved Hog 3) would not function with Hog 3 pc without an unlock code. According to what I have read on a different bulletin board, the Flying pig staff did not agree with this decision, as they intended the widgets to work with both platforms.

This code costed around $350 IIRC, at the beginning. Then they planned to raise it to $1200. There was a large uproar about this, as they upgrade price was similar to the cost of a new widget, and high end ended up dropping the price back down to close to the original price of $350.

Also, The code included a new faceplate that had the silver oval in it to designate the widget as having been upgraded. There is a small chance that the widget you have has been upgraded but someone threw away the faceplate instead of installing it. The only way to be sure is to try the widget in 3 or 4 pc. The widget will not function if it has not been unlocked. (It will show up with red text in the widget configuration window.)

Some of this is hearsay, but it is how I have heard the story from a few different people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back