Control/Dimming Hog3 PC dmx widget woes

NolaTek

Evening all,

This is my first issue with a hog3 pc widget since they became recently "discontinued". I'm using a co-worker's rig that includes a single universe hog3 usb widget and 48 channels of dimming. I am having a previously unseen issue with the system. 8 hours ago (at the beginning of my day) I created 2 cues that and recorded them to the same cue stack. Cue 1 brought 10 channels to full and cue 2 brought all values to 0. Everything was responding and cues were executing properly until about 30 mins ago when I suddenly began seeing all 48 channels of dimming flicker (indicator lights on the packs) this included the 10 lighting fixtures in my cues. I unplugged the dmx from the widget and the problem immediately stopped. I ran a spare dmx line and tried that...same result, flickering across all 48 channels. Never were any indicator lights on the widget amiss, nor were there any stray output values coming from the hog pc (checked programmer, cues stack, raw output values, and percentage output values). After troubleshooting for 15 mins as the crew waited on me and the console, I finally gave up and plugged in a pocket console (Thank you Baxter Controls!) and have been running the cues that way since.

Any thoughts on what the heck happened? The widget checked out in both the windows device manager, and in the hog pc's internal network settings. The only physical damage I can see is a missing peg leg on the usb side. Anyone else ever had a similar issue? I'm inclinced to say that the widget is at fault, but what do you guys think? Just some good ol' fashioned operator error perhaps?

Thanks in advance

Was DMX terminated after the racks? After that my bet is the DMX out put of the Widget.

Do you have swisson DMX tester? You can look at the output. The dimmers appear to be getting a signal from somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back