Honk Jr.

We are mounting a production of Honk, Jr. I am looking for advice on how to cover Cat, Ugly, and Ida with snow and then melt it off. I welcome any and all suggestions. Thank you in advance and blessings, Herb

Well, I haven't seen the show, but I did a little online research.

The key here is to do this safely.

I've had several ideas, but the only safe one so far is to cover the actors up with white blankets (except for their heads so we can see that Cat, Ugly, and Ida are frozen) and as they thaw out or melt, have the actors turn down the blankets and crawl out of them.

Hope this helps.....

Combination of a show machine, lighting effects, and acting. If they have a blueish light on them and dont move, and someone says they are frozen, thru the magic of the theater, they will remain frozen until the lights become warmer, or someone comes with a heat gun to melt them away...

I just finished a production of this show. We had snow dancers in white robes and white umbrellas the umbrellas covered the actors. We had 3 golf sized umbrellas on each character. We did not cover Ida.

there's a DVD that comes with the show kit that has some options (not the best, but they're ok) if i recall. we had our actors come off stage, cover with a sheet, then slip back into position with a little trickery.

Pictures of the snowy frozen characters painted on fabric flown in front of the actors. To melt them, lower the batten and let the fabric sink all the way down to the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back