How do I list this on My Resume?

Dustincoc

For a period of couple month after I graduated college, I was hired to preform routine maintainence in on the highly neglected lights in the colleges inventory. No shows were preformed during this time. I feel this is an important experience to list on my resume but I'm not really sure where/how to list it. I've got m resume broken down into sections for electrical(mostly lighting with a little sound), scenery, and management. The design of these sections is based on there being a show I was working on at the time. I'm thinking I should either list this in a seperate section or somehow incorporate it into the electrical section.

Call yourself a lighting tech and put a "duties entailed" section explaining what you did. I also prefer to see this section on every job you have (notice I did not say show). I would rather read that you worked at X, d1id Y number of shows for them, and your responsibility's were Z. That to me shows me what you can actually do, not that you did a show and it was fun.

Also, sound experience should not be lumped in with lighting experience. Not the same thing.

I might place this under a skills category and say something along the lines of having the ability to perform fixture maintenance as well as maybe even listing some specific fixtures. Although this could also easily be placed under your electrical section since it is part of electrics.

Edit: didn't see Footer's post before I replied.

I think literate in the maintenance and repair of fixed lamp equipment sounds good as that is obviously different then the skill set needed for moving lights. Also if you have done any detail maintenance on spotlights i would list that and list the brand and model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back