How many theatres do you have?

How many theatre spaces does your facility have?

Votes: 27 35.5%

Votes: 27 35.5%

Votes: 14 18.4%

Votes: 2 2.6%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
At TAMU-CC, we have

1-250 seat dead hung proscenium
1-Black Box with varying seat numbers
1-1500 seat Performing Arts Center (my baby)
pac.tamucc.edu

We also have a 700 seat proscenium with fly and lots of rehearsal spaces, shops and all sorts of theatrical goodies about to go onto the drawing boards.

Rich

Our high school has one 368 seat pro. We were supposed to get a blackbox this year, but considering that there have been talks about closing the school early for the year because of budget concerns, I don't see a new performance space in the immediate future.

My highschool has a 500 seat main stage and a 250 or 300 seat "Little Theatre". The little theatre was designed as a proscenium originally, but last year we took out some seating and built out the apron and made it *essentially* a thrust. Our main stage is occasionally used with on-stage seating to make a MUCH more intimate setting, stage is about 20x20 and approximately 100-125 seats.

Main Stage is 3,157 seats (Musicals, Operas), Second Stage is 616 seats (Small Musicals), and smallest is 150 seats for plays.

All three are in separate buildings, and are rented by us for use on each production.

Old 350 Seat Proscenium built with the school around 1950ish
New 1200 seat Proscenium built 2007

My high school has one 650-seat pro stage built in 2001 with 300 channels, about 70 fixtures, 4 catwalks, only two of which are actually powered, a solid sound system, and 4 performance balconies. The school district uses it for everything, as it is the only actual "theatre" in our district. Thus, there is always something in there.

Our primary auditorium is located at the old middle school which is now the board offices. It seats around 250, but has horrible sightlines and no wing space. Never meant to be used for theatrical purposes. Next year, they're converting the JROTC room into a black box for us. Should seat around 75.

I manage 3 venues at two different locations in my school district. 2 percenium stages at 625ish house and one blackbox at 100ish house. Then hopefully in the coming months another percenium venue 300ish house at the local community center which they want to roll under my managment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back