Howdy Y'all from a student from Austin, Texas

Howdy everyone!

I am a senior in high school this year and will be graduating very soon. I am a long time user of Control Booth. I am very excited about continuing my education in Technical Theatre, and specifically Lighting Technology. I have been accepted to the University of Texas as well as the State University of New York at Purchase and am trying to decide which would be the better option for me. Any ideas/thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

A good friend of mine left UW-Madison to teach at University of Texas Austin. I have only heard good things from him with regards to the theater program there, and I have to imagine that it would be much cheaper for you to attend an in-state university. Unless you have someone to finacially back your college education, you should consider staying local. That being said, learning about theater and being less than an hour away from Broadway could have its advantages as well.

Most people on CB don't stop by the new members section, so you might consider posting your specific questions about the colleges in the education forum.

Oh and I almost forgot,
Welcome to the Booth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back