Hugh Jackman injured during Oprah flying stunt

Who says I was properly rehearsed??? Do you have any idea the stupid things I did all. the. time. ten years ago???

Sounds like you need to start a "things you should never do" blog!

Showtech did the rigging (or was at least heavily involved) - the rigger that is visible in that clip is Tiny Good (founder of Showtech).

Personally, I would have thought that a non-user operated safety brake would have been put in (something which triggers at a set distance from the end of the line), and that there would have been some rubber on the end of the zip-line to catch the runner and slow him at the end as well (cushion the blow as it were) as well as a rigger playing catcher. That said, I was not there and don't know the exact circumstances. One can only wait and see what WorkSafe come back with when the investigation is done.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to start a "things you should never do" blog!

This is a legit idea....let me chew on it and make sure I don't violate TOS.
Wow...I've actually got a LOT of those kinds of stories. Sad.

Wow...I've actually got a LOT of those kinds of stories. Sad.

I think virtually everyone does...I know I do.

I actually think this is a great idea. As thy say "Those who do not learn history, are bound to repeat it." or something like that :)

I didn't know you could jump ALL the way down the Stratosphere, I would have totaly done that at LDI. That looks Flippin' Sweet.

Hey, there should be a zip line that takes you from the top of the Stratosphere to the pool at Mandaly Bay!

I don't normally endorse this, but...oh, who am I fooling? I was reading my wife's copy of the new People magazine (Best of 2010, Sandra B on the cover) and on page 15 is a gi-normous photo of HJ on the rig, brake lever in hand, looking like he is having WAY too much fun. The rig looks totally bomber, so I will have to agree he was having too much of a good time and didn't get on the brake early/hard enough.

It happens in drag racing too. But that's why there are parachutes above 150 mph.

I didn't know you could jump ALL the way down the Stratosphere, I would have totaly done that at LDI. That looks Flippin' Sweet.

Hey, there should be a zip line that takes you from the top of the Stratosphere to the pool at Mandaly Bay!

Not that far, but you can do the Freemont Street Experience on a zip line. If you want something more scenic, you could try the one in Boulder City by the same group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back