Hypo-Allergenic Headset Recommendation

masterelectrician2112

Here's an interesting one for you guys. I am currently wearing a Production Intercom single muff headset running lights for a show and I have been for about a week. My ear looks like it has had an allergic reaction to the material in the ear pad. Also, I can't flip it to the better ear because the boom doesn't flip. I am pretty sure it's the headset material because this happened again over the summer when I was onset for about 12 hours. Both were Production Intercom single muff headsets. Does anyone know what that material is? That being said, I am currently looking for a personal headset. I was looking at the Eartec Lazer single muff headset or the Eartec Ultralite since both of those are in my price range and won't cover my whole ear. Does anyone know if that material would be different from the material used in the Production Intercom pads? Both Eartec headsets are available with 4 pin XLR connectors which is what I use most often. Will the Eartec work with any belt pack with a 4 pin XLR for the headset connection? I know this is a strange request, but unfortunately it's come to this. I'm open to other suggestions as well regarding the problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back