I-cue Mirror Sticking

Riggertoo

My Theater owns 2 Rosco I-cues and they are wonderful toys; however, when the mirror goes to the extreme right, it catches on the arm and sticks in that position and i have to manually un-stick it, which is inconvenient to say the least. any suggestions?

I am interested to know exactly where on the mirror it is getting stuck. I have and I-Cue in front of me right now and there is nothing i can see that is even close to being able to get stuck. Do you have any pictures?

here is a shot from the side with the mirror stuck in position : icuestuck.jpg

So... First thing I notice, that appears to be a round mirror... I-Cue mirrors should be oval and somewhat smaller in both dimensions... It also passes closer to the accessory mount than all 9 of mine do... Was a mirror replacement ever done on this unit?
That may be the source of your problem... As I'm sitting her with one on my desk, and I can't force it to stick no matter what.

Last edited:
C'est Ca... (**** those things are hard to take a photo of...)
8318-i-cue-mirror-sticking-wp_000317.jpg

Attachments

• WP_000317.jpg
    WP_000317.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 336
no, it's oval and looks just like the other I-Cue I own... but it catches on the arm every time... maybe I should just contact Rosco or my vendor...

Very odd, could be a crooked mount... Or could have come under some intense heat and shifted... But I'm not sure I see how...
(The glue used on those mirrors is some tough stuff!!!)

Try swapping the mirrors from your two I-Cue's, and see if the problem moves with the mirror, as it were... If the problem stays with the unit, send it in to be looked at...
If the problem is the mirror itself, you can order a replacement mirror... It comes attached to the motor mount, and it's a couple of screws to replace...

After seeing the pictures I would have to agree with Lotos that there is probably something wrong with the mirror mount it self or the way that the mirror was glued on. Is it possible that the mirror mount or body of the I-Cue was bent at any time?

they are both new units and they look intact; but i will try to do the mirror swap and see if the problem follows the mirror or the unit... good suggestion; thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back