I Hate Wires! (Wireless Speakers for Laptop?)

Edrick

Premium Member
Although not related directly to theater, I have my work desk and I HATE WIRES. So does anyone know of any actual speakers out there that have bluetooth built in? Basically I want something that has two speakers like bookshelf speakers and the master one has a bluetooth or some type of reciever to get audio from my MacBook Pro. I don't want one of those like football style soundbars for an iPhone. So far the only thing I've seen is logitechs Bluetooth adapter which is an option, but just curious as to if there's any speakers you know of that have it built in. Logitech® Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth® audio devices

You could look at AirPlay speakers too, having a Mac and all. I'm not sure if you can stream all your system audio over AirPlay or not, though.

Keep in mind that you'll have a substantial reduction in audio quality by using bluetooth. BT uses a limited bandwidth connection so it uses a codec to pass the audio. The codec typically used is rather crude compaired to most others, but the quality varies. The sound quality doesn't bother some people at all, and you might fall into that category. For me, it's more like finger nails on black board. And it depends on what you need computer speakers for. If you aren't listening to music, BT might be fine.

but is it full audio or just mp3's or from itunes?

Of course apple locks it down to just iTunes. I bought Airfoil ($25) which will let you send any/all audio to the airport/apple tv. They also have an iOS app that lets you use your device to receive audio.

One reason im not an Apple guy. Their idiot proofed and simplified to the point of being restrictive.
As for wireless audio, I couldn't really hep you to much, I don't know of any wireless speakers. And besides, even wireless speakers will have a power cord. Why not just add one more tiny cord and call it done? ;)

AirPlay was another option I was thinking of and you can indeed in Mountain Lion stream all system audio to the airplay enabled device. I suppose I could just get an Airport Express but then I'd be concerned about delay.

AirPlay was another option I was thinking of and you can indeed in Mountain Lion stream all system audio to the airplay enabled device. I suppose I could just get an Airport Express but then I'd be concerned about delay.

Virtually zero delay with airplay audio and even video over airplay. Say what you want about it being "restrictive" but its **** near flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back