I thought I had seen it all...

Les

Here's another one of those "scary things on ebay" posts.

Go to this auction:

Pace Technologies Studio Stage Theater flood spot light - eBay (item 350207877187 end time Jun-05-09 11:28:12 PDT)

As if the lighting fixture isn't interesting enough in itself (as are the rest of the uncommon lights he has for sale), look at the contraption the last owners used to hang this thing!!! At first I just thought "hmmm a funky and questionable c-clamp for securing two pipes on perpendicular axis is included with this auction and is only 'balancing' on this fixture's yoke... I hope..." but in scrolling down further, it actually appears as though they tried to use this to hang the fixture!?! Either that or (I hope) the seller knows nothing about this - kinda sounds like it - and has attached it this way thinking it was correct.

Take a look at his other auctions. He's selling half a Source Four but obviously has no idea most of it is missing. Hey, you might could get a good deal on a lamp house though...

Last edited:
that's a fascinating C-Clamp assembly on the thing. Really fascinating, clamps are worth almost as much as the sale price. Never heard of that brand before, what type of lamp is that FFN or something low voltage? Fascinating cooling flutes, kind of artistic in a more expensive way to do stuff but might be safer closer to a ceiling.

proxy.php

Pace Technologies Studio Stage Theater flood spot light - eBay (item 350207877187 end time Jun-05-09 11:28:12 PDT)

As I suspected, it's a wet location/underwater fixture, missing many important parts, not the least of which is the ballast.
proxy.php

Pace Tech Cameras.

The double-C-clamp has to earn a Darwin Award for Grossest Misuse of something.

Back when dirt was new, and cheese-boroughs hadn't been invented yet, I'd see back-to-back c-clamps like that used to hang six-bars. Never seen it tried on a single fixture, though.

Ebay's great for all sorts of mislabled things - some get kind of funny, like the engrish subtitles on bootleg foreign dvds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back