ImagePRO 3G Composite Output

anatorian

Hello,

Does anyone know if the composite output on the Barco ImagePRO is always active at 480i/525i resolution? Or does the output of the ImagePRO have to be set to a suitable resolution for composite video?

That is can I use the same image pro to send HDSDI to projection and composite to a DVD burner, or would I need 2 imagepros.

Thanks

Since you do not have a dedicated scaler/processor per physical output then I believe that outputs are active only if they support the selected scaler output signal, so if you have the scaler output(s) set for anything other than a NTSC or PAL SD signal you may not get anything on the composite output. If you have a dual output version of the ImagePRO then I believe you could set it for dual output mode and assign one scaler for NTSC and the other for whatever you want for the HD-SDI output, then assign each physical output to the appropriate scaler, however you might lose the ability to do some of the nicer transitions. But I strongly suggest contacting Barco and confirming the operation of the specific version of the ImagePRO involved with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back