Design Info on simulation software (Wyg, ESP Vision)

Gmont

Hey,
I am working on a research project about lighting simulation and pre-vis software. I am in need of sources of articles, books, people that are telling about the software, how it was used in the design/prep process, and what were peoples take on it. I have been looking through some of the trade publications with mixed results. Getting alot of advertisement. Please let me know of any ideas or info you have.

Thanks,
G

The Automated Lighting Programmers Handbook by Schiller Talks about pre-vis a fair amount, and for your purposes it also goes into how they used Wysiwyg during the 2000 (if I remember correctly) Olympics.

Arez,
Yeah I have already read that book but that is the kind of stuff I am looking for. Thanks.

Derek,
Thanks for the info.

G

Concert Lighting: Techniques, Art and Business by James Moody

I haven't had a chance to read my copy yet but it might be another place to look. I'd bet my hat that it mentions pre-vis.

Automated Lighting: The Art and Science of Moving Light in Theatre, Live Performance, Broadcast, and Entertainment (Paperback) by Cadena might be another place to look.

Here's an article I found useful for a paper I did a while back, might help you if you haven't read it already.

Lighting: The World of CAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back