Intercom Threefer?

zmb

So I'm setting up a single-channel intercom system with an ASL BS-181 power supply and BS-15 beltpacks and their website isn't providing me with an answer to if I can have a three-fer to split one output from the power supply to three different wall connections. The building I'm in is wired for intercom, but has mic connections running from the booth to various locations around stage, which I would be using for connecting beltpacks if a three-fer would work.

Would this work to have a three-fer with XLR connections and mic cable or do I have to get creative with cabling from the wall to the beltpack and back with a jumper in the booth for the next person?

Hi zmb,

The BS-181 is rated to drive 15 BS-15 packs at full volume. A simple xlr distro is used on all other parallel comm systems. The ditros are just passive, rack mountable six-fers. I see no reason why a three-fer wouldn't work for you. Just don't overload the power supply with more than 15 belt-packs.

~Alden

None of the analog systems I have worked with have ever minded being split any number of ways, just mind the power consumption limits or know how to add extra power supplies safely :)

Digital is of course different, but we're not talking about that here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back