Introducing me: Roy

Roy

Well hello everybody!

A big banner at the top of the forum suggested I should introduce myself, being a new member of this community. So here I am!

My name is Roy, born in 1985 (that makes me 25, since I'm from January) and living in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. For the last four years I have been a full-time theatertechnician with a specialty in lighting (Full-time, that's 40 hours a week here in The Netherlands, although in our profession it can easily be anywhere between 40 and 80 hours a week). I've been doing this at Jeugdtheater Hofplein (Hofplein Theater for the youth) in Rotterdam. Before that I went to school, learning to be an allround theatertechnician and doing several jobs during those four years.

Next season I might leave my trusty Compulite Vector Green and move all the way down to the stage to do my job as a 'toneeltechnicus' (don't know the correct term in English, but I'll be doing all technical things on the stage, like operating the battens (are they called 'battens'? The metal pipes above the stage, controlled by motors to fly scenery in and out).

Well, I think that would be enough information about me. Feel free to ask any questions (although I doubt anyone will, lol).

I hope we can all learn from each other here and I'm looking forward to it!

Welcome Roy! Great to have you here. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and introduce yourself. Enjoy CB!

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back