ion dual screen ?

flyweed

Ok..somehow I got rid of my "cue or playback" screen, which I keep on the upper right screen above the CIA...and on the left screen is my "live table"....I can bring the "cue playback screen up on the left screen, but I forgot how to get it back up above the CIA

Can anyone tell me how to get my playback screen above the CIA? Right now it's just blank and says "basic plot"

THanks
Dan

Highlight the playback tab and then press tab+right arrow. Not used to the keys on the Ion as I program on an Eos but the software is the same.

- Todd
Sent from a mobile device.

Does anyone know how to "lock" these screens? Haven't figured out how to do that yet. In other words, setting it so that when you power the console on your live table is on one screen and your playback screen is the other.

I don't know if there's a way to lock screens, but the displays at startup should be the same as when the console shut down.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know how to "lock" these screens? Haven't figured out how to do that yet. In other words, setting it so that when you power the console on your live table is on one screen and your playback screen is the other.

You can record the monitor arrangement using a snapshot and use a startup macro load the snapshot. However, once you understand how to move tabs that sort of startup macro is likely to be more of a nuisance than a blessing.

The screen layout on shutdown is what you get back on power up.

You can also record what is know as Snapshots, which can capture the exact screen configurations, what view on which screen, zoom position, format, etc...

So set up the screens to the configuration you desire, then press "Record". Softkey 1 now populates with "Softkey". Assign a number and a dialog box opens in the CIA to allow you to select what you want recorded in the softkeys. Only use those items you want in the Snapshot - I,E. if you don't want faders captured, de-select them (recommended unless you are very clever with the console). Then collapse the dialog box (down arrow) and finsh the process by pressing Enter.

Now when you recall a Snapshot (it's a softkey), you get back the screen layout. This is as BTW, a great tool for allowing quick changes to multiple screen configurations - Playback and Channels, 2 screens of expanded channel view, 2 screens of Direct Selects, Channels and Moving Light page, etc...

Note that Snapshots are in OS versions 1.9.12 (at least) and v2, so good reason to upgrade if you haven't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back