Set Up w/QuickVu and PerfectCue

SWDM

Hey all my boss has me as video lead and I understand signal flow but just want to make sure I have this right so any tips would be very helpful. So my equipment consists of 2 x 7'6"x13'4" Screen Frame, 2 x 6500 Lumen 1920x1200 LCD Projector, Perfect Cue, Analogueway QuickVu, and confidence monitor.

Now my thoughts is that I would route laptop one to switcher and run that to the projectors via a splitter and connect decimator from projector or splitter (I'm not sure) to the confidence monitor and route computer two and three to switcher. Not to sure about connecting perfect cue but I know it can be connected to two computers at once which is what I want to do

But if anyone can help me with the signal flow or if there is a better set up anything would be helpful. Also what frame size would project best for this projector its most likely NEC. Thanks in advance :)

Hi.

Yes, perfect Cue can send signal to two computers simultaneously. You could probably do all three if you have two receivers.
It looks like the switcher has dual outputs, so you could either run a splitter between the projectors (though some do have a loop through) or from the projector and confidence monitor. I would avoid the latter as you will have a resolution conflict between your projector and monitor so one would require scaling
I'm a little unsure about your last question about "frame size". Do you mean aspect ratio or resolution?

Hi.

Yes, perfect Cue can send signal to two computers simultaneously. You could probably do all three if you have two receivers.
It looks like the switcher has dual outputs, so you could either run a splitter between the projectors (though some do have a loop through) or from the projector and confidence monitor. I would avoid the latter as you will have a resolution conflict between your projector and monitor so one would require scaling
I'm a little unsure about your last question about "frame size". Do you mean aspect ratio or resolution?
Yes I was able to figure it out but I wanted to know if I needed to do a confidence monitor what would be the additional add or routing?

Yes I was able to figure it out but I wanted to know if I needed to do a confidence monitor what would be the additional add or routing?
Huh?

Confidence monitor can be a duplicate of the projection, or it can be a separate, second machine with "notes view" of PowerPoint. Perfect Cue can switch both, simultaneously. I never loop through any device, and using signal splitters can be hit/miss depending on the signal (HDMI, SDI, etc). A matrix switcher is your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back