IP 60 Movers

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
I have looked high and low for a sealed moving spot and the only thing I have come across is the G-Spot from SGM. I can't imagine that there is only one fixture out there with a ip 60+ rating.

We have a Sand arena so the dust is the biggest killer on everything's own. We have 4 movers and after two years even with monthly cleaning and modified filters. They have finally started to be affected by our environments. Any input about how I could accomplish this without purchasing 4 3,000$ Globes.

As far as I know, SMG is the only one. And they aren't just IP60, they are IP65, which means it will prevent all solid particles as well as directed water ingress.

They had a pretty elaborate setup at LDI, where they had water shooting into it while it was moving around.

But as far as I know, you need a G-spot or something like a tempest enclosure. We have put lights in tempest enclosures and it worked great, but you pay for that convenience and piece of mind.

You may want to consider the Clay Paky fixtures with the enclosures. I am not sure which ones have the enclosures, but I know that the sharpy does. That way you can get regular instruments, and then just add the enclosures.

I just had a G-Spot in for a demo and all I can say is that it is a nice light. The adjustable color temp feature made it very flexible. Color was good, gobo wheels were good alone but the difference in focus point meant mixing two gobos was a little rough. Not a cheap light but it seemed well built and the fan was the only part not sealed, you would have to be careful in a room full of sand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back