Iphone App for ETC Express 48/96

The short answer is no... That consol just doesn't have the functionality to do that sort of thing. ( I think it has a 386 processor, so a lot of code conversion would be needed) You would need some sort of conversion dongle to interface with one of the inputs on the board. The ETCnet might work but the RFU input would be the best way.... Come to think of it, if someone could figure that one out and sell the dongle in the sub $250 range, they would make a mint.

Truth is, the cheapest way to get a remote for an express is to find an oldfangled cordless telephone. If you want to do it from an iPhone then teaching it to communicate with a base station and send DTMF digits is likely the easiest approach. I don't see much of a market for it.

Hello I am wondering if anyone knows of an application I can install on my iPhone to remotely control our light board (ETC Express). Thank you!

Sorry JFremm, but while the Express is the most popular lighting console in history, it's been discontinued around 5 or 6 years. They are still serving well in thousands of theaters across the country and will probably continue to be used for many years to come. But it's a dead product line and you just won't find any new technology development for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back