Issues with Capture and Wysiwyg (newbie)

Renz

Hi

It appears that I am running out of ideas on getting a visualizer happening at my studio here in Brunswick.

I am all set with ETC Nomad and neither Capture Argo Student or Wysiwyg would get up. First off here is my config:
- Lenovo T410
- i7
- 8Gb RAM
- Nvidia NVS3100M
- Win7 Ultimate 64bit

Issue on Capture Argo:
Would mostly not launch at all. Got it fully open only once with the rendering however felt very sluggish.

Issue on Wysiwyg 35:
Would launch nice and display the vectorials such as lighting rig plans and all but when you go live mode (actual 3D rendering), the program would stuff up literally. I did check the system monitor to watch if there was any CPU activity witnessing of any rendering activity but CPU stays at 0% as the program gets totally irresponsive and have to force terminate the process externally.

Have tried many times, also have shut off all my other 3D applications such as Autodesk stuff etc that could have maybe caused some conflicts on some openGL stream but no luck.

Any idea welcome. Cheers.

Last edited:
Okay then an earlier version of any of these vizualizers will work for sure.

True or true

ps: I also have a Moto X, XT1092. Not a common device around Brunswick

These are the minimum specs for both of these programs. You laptop doesn't meet either of them. Mainly You GFX card.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-NVS-3100M.24738.0.html

WYSIWYG

Minimum requirements (basic functionality)

• Intel Core i3 or compatible processor, 2.0 GHz, or better
    • PC running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1
    • MAC computer with Intel Processor platforms running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1 via Bootcamp (recommended), or Parallels Virtual Machine*
    • *wysiwyg installed on a Parallels Virtual Machine will run with limited graphical functionality, as it is running on an Integrated video card.
    • 4GB RAM
    • 1GB free disk space (NTFS file system)
    • 1024 x 768 resolution
    • OpenGL-accelerated “gaming-level” video card, with 1GB (or better) video memory and OpenGL 2.1 (minimum) support**
    • ** Integrated video cards may be used, but are not recommended.
    • Free USB port
Capture Argo :
What kind of computer is needed to run Capture

Apart from our current minimum operating system requirements, Capture should run fine on any standard desktop or laptop computer currently available for purchase. However, bear in mind that visualization software is very demanding on the video card. As a good referenced point for the capabilities of your hardware you may find PassMask Software's video card benchmark pages for high end GPU's useful. A PassMark G3D mark of 2000 or more could be considered a general minimum performance requirement for Capture, but in practice the actual requirements will vary a lot depending on how you use Capture.

I have read all that before I came in here. But thanks for the copy paste, it witnesses you care and I do value your time.

So I would prefer Capture over Wysiwyg to work in this particular scenario as it is compatible with most of my training files.

Now, by reading these min reqs, only the memory of the GFX card is under. My laptop is a pass on all other points. Read again in case you missed something. To my understanding of computer GFX rendering system, a lack of GFX memory would result in large swap file on the HD making the access to memory long and sluggish but it would still run. Correct me if I'm wrong, I can be wrong.

Cheers mate

That works for regular ram but not for graphics memory. Graphics cards cannot access the harddrive at all they deal with the processor only. Everything runs through the processor. The reason that ram can be "increased" by a page file is because ram is just a faster form of harddrive accessible by the processor.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

All right, look I'm guessing you know what you're talking about bro

I'll try to get away with an older version of the program. Anyone has kept an old version of Capture Student anywhere. Polar or earlier?

You could have the best specs in the world on that laptop but you GFX memory is 512mb and a Mobile card at that. You should be happy your laptop is still in one piece after attempting to run a rendering program and not burned itself up.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-NVS-3100M.24738.0.html

It is safe to say that if you do get any rendering program to work it will over work your laptop and eventually shut down or black/white/blue screen you.

Side Note: I am surprised they are even selling laptops with that little of GFX memory in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back