I've lurked for a while and thought I'd get involved

Niall

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a production manager based in Scotland with a background in Lighting and video. My work now consists of a mixture of corporate, music, theatrical and sport (basically, anything!). I manage between 50 and 70 shows a year (most are 1-4 days rather than long runs) and deal with venues and crew all over the country.

I started volunteering to help with lighting for events when I was 14 and being lucky enough to live in Edinburgh, there were a lot of companies happy to take me up on it during the festival. I then went on to study Media technology at University in Manchester (although dropped out to go work instead). I was freelance as a lampie/cammeraman for several years before running a rental company for someone else. I then moved back home to Scotland last year and started my current job.

I currently work for Catalyst EPS based out of Bridge of Earn. We're a full production house but do dry hire as well. Lighting stock is mainly Robe (100's, 600's, MMX's and Pointes) plus avo dimmers and racks of the usual generics, noise is mainly D&B with Midas/yamaha and the odd X32 thrown in. Video wise we are mainly Panasonic with everything up to the DZ21k's.

Not sure there's a huge amount else that's interesting/relevant but if theres something you want to know, just ask.

Anyway, its nice to be involved. So Hello all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back