Jem Glaciator issues

shaun

Hi - we are doing Dracula at he Bargello National Museum - in a large courtyard with a well.

We have paid huge bucks to rent a Jem Glaciator - but the fog only hugs the ground during pre-show tests - and rises straight into the air by the time the show is going.

We have the until built into a staircase under the set - we have made sure the box its in is well ventilated - and a touch test indicates the containing box (built against noise) isnt too hot, yet the fog juice isn't cooling after the compressor has been running for an hour or two.

We aren't using it on a continuous cycle....

None of us have ever worked with this type of machine before. According to the rental, our settings are correct, but its just not giving me the effect I paid for....

Any suggestions? HELP!

2 things:

Either a) the ground radiates too much heat (It's directly under the sun + dark colour) and therefore heats the fog quickly, or b) there's is draft of wind preventing the fog to continue its course.

a) Cover the ground with light colour and try again. Chances are it will not work. Glaciators are refregerating units, thus much warmer than cryogenic low lying foggers. It may be that the fog isn't cool enough for your type of effect.

b) Make sure the draft of wind is redirected. No amount of cold will fight off an opposing wind vector.

If you find it's answer a), I'm afraid there is little you can do except perhaps trying a different generator. If that's the case, I would suggest you called Giorgio Molinari, at Gmep-Molpass in Bologna (80km north).

proxy.php

GMEP-MOLPASS S.A.S.

Via I. Newton 1/E
I-40017 San Giovanni in Persiceto
Italy
Tel.: 390 51 68 74 711
Fax : 390 51 68 74 726
E-mail : [email protected]
www.gmep-molpass.it

He can direct you to someone in your area with a different solution.

Thierry to the rescue. Again...

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back