Judy block???

Has anyone ever heard of these? Basically, blocks of varying height used for tables, seats, prop-boxes (if there are hinges), etc. No results show for judy blocks anywhere on the web and thats all I know them as.

Thanks!

Never heard them called "Judy Blocks", that's go to be some kind of colloquillism. My 'standard rehearsal cubes are 16x16x16, 16x32x16. 1/2" cd ply with cleated corners. A 2" diameter hole drilled in the center of two opposing sides, Edges all rounded over with a 1/2" router bit, and painted flat black. They are then stolen by every other department for every other purpose than rehearsal....

... They are then stolen by every other department for every other purpose than rehearsal....

Because they are great for holding things like sound consoles and mic boxes!

I like the idea of the wengers. Instant stairs!

They make those too.

I know they make the stairs. Thats what I was referring to. Do they make magic boxes to hold the console? I think the humble table is the easiest...

A buddy of mine has the Wenger instant stairs. They are awesome but like everything else from Wenger they are really overpriced. Plus I had a really bad experience with Wenger and I prefer to send my business elsewhere.

Plus I had a really bad experience with Wenger and I prefer to send my business elsewhere.

Care to share? Or at least PM me?

Our school has custom wenger designed band and choir rooms. We've got wenger music stands, risers, a small portable stage, and choir shells. I like them. (Much better than the old ones at the high school...)

I think theatre or drama departments tend to name them after a long-time professor or tech faculty (whoever built them in the first place). The last place I worked, they were convinced that the guy that built them invented them (patently impossible..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back