Kathy Lee Gifford as C-3PO

BrianWolfe

We get some strange requests from time to time. Two weeks ago I got a call from the Today Show wanting a Star Wars C-3PO costume for Kathy Lee Gifford to wear this Friday. We haggled about the price and managed to make a few new molds and adjust some old ones to come up with something close. It would have been nice to have someone built closer to the original actor but it worked out alright. She will be wearing it tomorrow morning on the Today Show.

[media]http://www.costumearmour.com/front1.jpg[/media]

Thanks for the "warning" Brian; I'll set my TiVo.;)

Just curious if there are any licensing or trademark issues with this?

There are tremendous licensing and trademark issues involved. We make Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, Clonetroopers, Captain Rex, Zam Wessel, Amidala's headdress and a few other Star Wars related items. We cannot sell any of them without approval from Lucas Licensing. All of our sales have been directly to Disney or through Lucas. The Today Show is working with Lucas on this project so they got the necessary permissions. I put the items on our website but I have always been careful to note that we cannot sell without Lucas' permission. I can brag a little though. I am very proud of my shop and co-workers.

https://www.costumearmour.com/Detail.CFM?Inventory__ID=492

Last edited:
Wow Brian. Amazing work as always... although that lower right leg doesn't appear to be silver. (I know I'm a nerd).

If you do a google image search for C3PO you find this on the first page :rolleyes:...
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sorry Gafftaper you are not a big enough nerd. The silver leg is only in the first movies. He goes all gold later.

Sorry Gafftaper you are not a big enough nerd. The silver leg is only in the first movies. He goes all gold later.

Heretic Revisionist!

:angryoldman:
I bet you are part of the whole, Gredo fired first conspiracy too!
WELL HAN FIRED FIRST! Deal with it. I had to go find a non-special edition version of the DVD just so I could teach my sons the truth that Lucas is now trying to surpress. Han Solo is a tough dude and he'll kill any green bounty hunter he feels like killing!

Last edited:
Yeah, well try finding the version where Luke misses the grappling hook throw the first time. Oh wait, you can't. Also try finding the unedited Raiders of the Lost Ark. That one was only available on the first release of the VHS (back when they cost ~$70 per movie). Lucas loves revisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back