Learning How to Patch

pcardwelll

Hye guys! I'm using a GMA2 board and trying to patch in some Rogues, washes/spots,etc. I am patching the numbers in correctly but nothing is coming on. Do other lights need to be programmed first, such as dimmers with colors? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hye guys! I'm using a GMA2 board and trying to patch in some Rogues, washes/spots,etc. I am patching the numbers in correctly but nothing is coming on. Do other lights need to be programmed first, such as dimmers with colors? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Are your fixtures in the correct mode to reflect the mode selected on the MA? For example the Rouge R1 spot can be in 16 or 19 channel mode. The fixtures need to match the console.
Then we need to know how the data is getting from the console to the fixture. Is it via DMX straight from the console or via nodes?
Once we know this check your patch to see if they are being sent to the correct universe. I think on a MA address are 1.xxx for universe 1 and 2.xxx for universe 2 and so on.
Learning to patch on which ever console you have is part of the foundation building blocks required for console programming.
I hope this gives you some insight to what might be wrong.
Regards
Geoff

Are your fixtures in the correct mode to reflect the mode selected on the MA? For example the Rogue R1 spot can be in 16 or 19 channel mode. The fixtures need to match the console.
Then we need to know how the data is getting from the console to the fixture. Is it via DMX straight from the console or via nodes?
Once we know this check your patch to see if they are being sent to the correct universe. I think on a MA address are 1.xxx for universe 1 and 2.xxx for universe 2 and so on.
Learning to patch on which ever console you have is part of the foundation building blocks required for console programming.
I hope this gives you some insight to what might be wrong.
Regards
Geoff
Hello, thank you for your input. They are the Chavet Rogue Outcast Hybrid 1's, and they are all on 25 channel mode. Two out of 4 of them are on. In my console, I have them all on 25 channel as well. The patching from the dimmers goes like this;

I'm using someone else's patchwork so if I have to redo it all that's totally fine! :)

They are being ran through a DMX from the console.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Are they not working at all, or just not outputting light?

Silly question... are the lamps on?

Silly question... are the lamps on?
I'm gonna be honest I'm brand new to this so I don't know how to check that. The dimmer is 100% open on the console if that's what you mean. And I just checked, the lights are connected to power which is then connected to a dimmer. ...I know these aren't supposed to be connected to a dimmer and I'm working on figuring out how to take them out. lol.

My next suggestion is to call Chauvet Customer Service: (844) 393-7575

First: ditch the dimmer power. It's not likely the cause of this problem but it's bad practice. All you need in an Edison (regular 120V plug) to whatever power inlet connect these use. Also, note the number of fixtures you can "daisy chain" for power. The connectors are linked by PC board traces which have less current capacity than the connectors themselves.

Second: set all the fixtures to the same DMX address (use one that is currently working) and see if all 4 respond. If not, the possibilities are bad cables or DMX ports on the fixtures. This is where you avail yourself of Customer Service.

First: ditch the dimmer power. It's not likely the cause of this problem but it's bad practice. All you need in an Edison (regular 120V plug) to whatever power inlet connect these use. Also, note the number of fixtures you can "daisy chain" for power. The connectors are linked by PC board traces which have less current capacity than the connectors themselves.

Second: set all the fixtures to the same DMX address (use one that is currently working) and see if all 4 respond. If not, the possibilities are bad cables or DMX ports on the fixtures. This is where you avail yourself of Customer Service.
thank you so so much! i appreciate it

Hello, thank you for your input. They are the Chavet Rogue Outcast Hybrid 1's, and they are all on 25 channel mode. Two out of 4 of them are on. In my console, I have them all on 25 channel as well. The patching from the dimmers goes like this;

I'm using someone else's patchwork so if I have to redo it all that's totally fine! :)

They are being ran through a DMX from the console.

Thanks so much for your help!!
Just to be sure they are not powered or patched from the dimmers? unless they can be switched to relays. How many DMX outs are you using from the console?

Just my 2 cents - are the addresses right? Your patch shows a gap of 26 between the first and second fixture and second and third but 25 between third and fourth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back