Conventional Fixtures Liability for rewiring Par 64s?

Sorry for not being more elaborite in my reply.

If anyone does, however, need to get a T&T cert, have a look at your local tafe (Tech) schools, a lot of them have a simple course that you can do in a weekend to get your cert for around $100.

In regards to asbestos, I would say that in most venues that are used reguarly, you shouldn't find anything with asbestos on them. If you do, you need something a lot better that a dust mask!

In regards to asbestos, I would say that in most venues that are used reguarly, you shouldn't find anything with asbestos on them. If you do, you need something a lot better that a dust mask!

The OP did mention very old lights, and asbestos was used in wiring insulation in theatrical lights up into the 1970's so it's actually a likely possibility. If the units are from before 1980 and whip looks like it has a white soft fabric cover, it might be asbestos. If you can hold a piece over a flame and it doesn't burn or melt, that's another strong indication. If there are dozens of these lights it might be a good idea to talk to management and have them look into proper handling/disposal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back