lighting tripod

AlexD

My school has two tripods for lighting with a crossbar. But we only have one adaptor to make it into a crossbar. We don’t know the make of the tripod so I can’t tell you that but does it matter what adaptor you use? Do they all work or will it be unsafe?

here is a pic of what the adaptor looks like prd64f699e4-bdc6-4b77-a357-473c613635d1.jpg.pngsorry this isnt the adaptor we have but its one that looks like it and the one we have hasent got that black stuff on teh staft. the shaft of the adaptor we have has been machened so i dont knwo if that is a factor?

Last edited:
Would a cheeseborough do the trick with a cross bar? I would imagine that you could make that work safely.

This? The adaptor must match the stand exactly. You may have to take the stand to a theatrical supplier who can identify it and get you the exact part you need.
proxy.php

Doughty TV Quick Clamp

Presuming the adapter came with the tripod, chances are it would have passed all the saftey rules.
Nick

If your school has a metalwork section this is not a hard thing to make.

it needs to be machened though dosent it? or do u mean get the one with the end of and lave out the shaft if it to make it fit?

Hi Alex
if you aren't suer don't do anything. but the clamp you have in your first post will work fine aslong as you tighten all the blots, you will end up with a centered scaflod bar and your stand makeing you "T" shape. if you are going to do this make suer you have conpant adult to superivers you.

P.Ger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back