LightWright help

Rornce

Hi everyone,
I'm designing a production of the Skin of Our Teeth, and I have some side trees with source 4's/S4 Pars that need to change gel and gobo's between each of the three acts. I can't seem to figure out how to input this into Lightwright/Vectorworks in a logical way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,
I'm designing a production of the Skin of Our Teeth, and I have some side trees with source 4's/S4 Pars that need to change gel and gobo's between each of the three acts. I can't seem to figure out how to input this into Lightwright/Vectorworks in a logical way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

In LW5, go to Setup -> Vocabulary... dialog box and make a note of the current "Separate lists to count items individually with:" character (usually a comma).

In your gobo and/or color fields for the instruments, enter the colors/gobos as a list, separated by the separator character.

i.e. R80,R56,R44

Then LW will count these separately for purposes of sheets of color or number of gobos.

Not sure how Vectorworks will deal with them but hopefully it won't change what you have entered in LW in the data exchange process if you are using that feature.

-Todd

In LW5, go to Setup -> Vocabulary... dialog box and make a note of the current "Separate lists to count items individually with:" character (usually a comma).

In your gobo and/or color fields for the instruments, enter the colors/gobos as a list, separated by the separator character.

i.e. R80,R56,R44

Then LW will count these separately for purposes of sheets of color or number of gobos.

Not sure how Vectorworks will deal with them but hopefully it won't change what you have entered in LW in the data exchange process if you are using that feature.

-Todd
Thanks for the reply, that is working for color but when I try it with gobos, the gobo schedule counts the list as a single gobo. It also doesn't allow me to give them individual graphics.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, that is working for color but when I try it with gobos, the gobo schedule counts the list as a single gobo. It also doesn't allow me to give them individual graphics.

Thanks

You lose the ability to have individual gobo pictures. I was able to get LW to count the gobos separately, so it does work. Are you putting a space between the comma and the next gobo number?

A LW maintenance update just came out today- not sure if that has anything to do with gobo counting.

-Todd

You lose the ability to have individual gobo pictures. I was able to get LW to count the gobos separately, so it does work. Are you putting a space between the comma and the next gobo number?

A LW maintenance update just came out today- not sure if that has anything to do with gobo counting.

-Todd

Yep, it is counting them correctly, what I'm hoping to do now is get the schedules to show them as individual gobos/gels instead of as a list.

Thanks

Another approach is to change/add fields to be Act 1 Color, Act 2 Color etc. In VW you can do this in the User 1, 2 and 3 fields. In spotlight preferences you can even change the name of the field to be "Act 1 Color" etc. Then when you set-up your export to LW you can link these custom fields to wherever you want on the LW side. I don't use LW that much so I'm not completely certain how it would work out if you want to get color counts and such.

Another approach is to change/add fields to be Act 1 Color, Act 2 Color etc. In VW you can do this in the User 1, 2 and 3 fields. In spotlight preferences you can even change the name of the field to be "Act 1 Color" etc. Then when you set-up your export to LW you can link these custom fields to wherever you want on the LW side. I don't use LW that much so I'm not completely certain how it would work out if you want to get color counts and such.

You can map text and number columns in LW to pickup the user fields in VW. You can also change the names of the text and number columns. Number columns in LW also counting, so you can port/exchange that "Act 1 Color" into/with LW and run a count in LW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back