looking for advice on controller boxes for icolor flex strands

Josh Roth

Hi, So that you know, I know nothing about lighting. I just aquired 150 strands of color kinetics icolor flex leds, also nearly 300 units of Philips Color Kinetics PDS-60CA 24V power supply's. I plan to sell these and have no issues in doing so. However, also included in the lot were 150 custom built controller boxes. it is these boxes and their contents I'm hoping someone might know something about.
Each box contains :
one Hirschmann SPIDER II 8TX ETHERNET Rail Switch one
Power supply unit PHOENIX 2868648 - STEP-PS/ 1AC/24DC/1.75 and one
RTE-P2AF20 - Analog Timer, Multi Mode, CMOS, RTE Series, Multifunction, 20 Ranges, 0.1 s, 600 h
as well as the appropriate breakers and such.

this whole set up was used to light up the san francisco bay bridge a few years ago. being that these are custom designed, does anyone have an opinion on how people who use this kind of thing would feel about buying the boxes as is? or should I sell the components individually. I'm really torn as to how to proceed.

I admit Im not an aspiring lighting designer, I'm trying to make a buck. but I could really use some knowledge if any one would kindly share some
thank you very much.
Image  { "lightbox_close": "Close", "lightbox_next": "Next", "lightbox_previous": "Previous", "lightbox_error": "The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later.", "li

The collection of components in that box don't do anything specific together, as a system. Part it out.

Even parted out I don’t think you will make much.

You should try to sell as a package to a venue or some nightclub or stripclub. As an outside lighting package.

Granted if you know how it all goes back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back