Looking for Rigging Inspection - Colorado

I am a high school theatre director in Littleton Colorado, I recently inherited a theatre space and a program and I am fairly certain that we are way overdue for an inspection of our fly system. I am not sure who does that or where to find them. Help?

Welcome aboard! My wife was born in Littleton and she still has a good number of family members out there.

There is a PSAV Rigging division in Denver:
PSAV RIGGING SERVICES DENVER
906 Garden Drive
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
Phone: 720-404-1760

We do have a few members in that area, they might be able to chime in with a few more companies out there.

I believe Rhino Staging also has a rigging division. I may know one or two individuals who would be qualified as well. I also know one guy to avoid at all costs. Private Message me for that.

aosatinski, search for an ETCP-Certified Rigger-Theatre in your area at the ETCP site. While the person you find may not be an inspector him/herself, she/he will most likely have an opinion and recommendation whom to use, and perhaps more importantly, whom not to.

I'd also suggest giving Barbizon/IPG/Norcostco/Opera Shop-Innogroup a call. Chances are they've all dealt with a rigging inspector recently and will know who to point you towards.

I was raised in Crested Butte, 28 miles north of Gunnison, and I'd love to come and do an inspection. Never miss a chance to come back home. If you don't find someone closer, give me a call.

Both Grog and MPowers have good suggestions; a colleague of mine uses a national company for third party inspections of his local technician's work. A good idea if you are working for a public school district.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back