lost in the fog

Dreadpoet

Thought you might help me in the search for a perfect product . As you may have guessed from the subject line, I am looking for a machine to produce “fog like” elements. I am looking for versatility from theatrical to entertainment (fog effect to lighting atmosphere). Yes, the ability to do low lying fog would be nice, but I also realize that my buck will only buy so much bang. I am really only needing to cover the small space that is our stage…which is about 30’x25’x15 or around 11,000 cubic feet…but I want to be able to blanket it quickly with as much bang as I can get for under $2,000. I’d love to make this dmx controllable from my congo jr. lighting console as well. Any ideas?

Would the idea of having a hazer (which right now I am only needing atmosphere for lighting) and later getting a fog machine be better than a singular solution....I know that most would say yes...but money is tough to come by.

I don't think a "singular solution" as you say exists. I'm not aware of any product that will do low-lying fog, regular fog, and haze. All 3 effects are really independent of each other and separate in process. Low fog and regular fog are more closely related to each than either is to haze, but even then, the best results for low-lying fog seem to be from dry ice as opposed to chilling regular fog.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a single product exists that will do 2 of the 3 effects, much less all 3.

Last edited:
Some products exist out there that will do fog and haze in a single box. There are also existing products that will turn a fogger into a Cryogenic LLF.

It's always "possible" to come up with a solution that could do all 3, but the turn offs (such as the prohibitive price, sheer monstrous weight and technical challenges for service alone) outweight all possible advantages gained by such product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back