Control/Dimming Lumanet 808CP Question

RileyChilds

I have a question about the wiring for the Lumanet 808CP control panels.
At our theatre we have Lumanet 808CP panels to control our house dimmers. I recently discovered that the 2 Lumanet panels that "didn't work" had simply been reassembled incorrectly after programming (the control boards were off by a single pin), I want to put one of these in the control booth next to the console. My plan was to splice off one of the wall panels by the door and run a control cable to the booth. I know this wouldn't be recommend, but this would mean I would have 1 less run to do.

Existing System Specs
2 Lumanet panels daisy chained to NSI dimmers
Dimmers: NSI 2408 CD Packs
Panels: 2 808 CP Panels

Thanks
//Riley

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to define parallel in this case. That means I terminate the one on the star run correct?
I also cannot tell exactly what the Lockout pin does from the directions...any ideas?

Either you can just cut the 15V+ Terminal and thus cut power to the unit or use the lock out terminals if the terminals are closed the panel will be disabled. Say for example you had panels throughout the house and wanted to be able to disable them during shows so guests couldn't hit them. You could at time of install run wiring that goes to all the house panels back to a keyswitch / contact that when closed disallows use of the panels.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to define parallel in this case. That means I terminate the one on the star run correct?
I also cannot tell exactly what the Lockout pin does from the directions...any ideas?

There is no mention of needing to "terminate" (as in adding a termination resistor or jumper) any of the panels. If the current panels are connected in a "star" configuration, (as opposed to daisy-chain,), they would be wired in parallel already because there is probably only one Luma-net port to connect to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back