M7CL Boot Weirdness

Chris Chapman

We just upgraded to an M7 and I'm doing pretty well getting it to do what I want. However, my board only came with a French & Spanish manual and my installers seem less than worried about getting me the right manual. I've downloaded the PDF but I can't seem to find these two nuggets of info...

I'm noticing the Board always boots into Guest Mode, and then you have to log into Administrator mode. Sometimes it bypasses the login and goes right to a Guest Account. What's not setup right?

Also on the Monitor page, the fader button never saves it's state from login to logout and there doesn't seem to be a place to Safe or save this setting.

Any thoughts?

We just upgraded to an M7 and I'm doing pretty well getting it to do what I want. However, my board only came with a French & Spanish manual and my installers seem less than worried about getting me the right manual. I've downloaded the PDF but I can't seem to find these two nuggets of info...

I'm noticing the Board always boots into Guest Mode, and then you have to log into Administrator mode. Sometimes it bypasses the login and goes right to a Guest Account. What's not setup right?

Also on the Monitor page, the fader button never saves it's state from login to logout and there doesn't seem to be a place to Safe or save this setting.

Any thoughts?
"As default the guest mode is the same as the administrator mode, but the administrator can lock out certain features from the guest and the guest can have their own preferences selected from the USER SETUP menu. By applying a password to the administrator mode the guest is prevented from unlocking the restricted features. Typically the guest would be restricted from all internal re-patching, bus configurations, and access to the outport setup pages."
You can set if you want a guest mode, or set it to start with login and so on. Your installers won't give you an english manual? Have you paid htem yet?

"If the M7CL’S power is turned off and then on again, it will gener- ally start up in the log-in state in which the power was turned off."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back