MA2 Store Cue Only Option

Hey Everyone,
Ive been learning MA2 recently and are now at the stage were I start bumbling into all sorts of interesting new issues as I learn about tracking and priority etc in more advanced cue lists I build. The store options window is a pretty interesting place with lots of new buttons to try,

Can anyone help me out with what the "Store Cue Only" option does?
The MA2 manual offers this description but its not very helpful:

"Stores as cue only, thus restoring all tracked values in the next cue and not track the current stored values."

Also any recommendations for not running into tracking issues? A classic example of one that always kills me is an update to a cue say where I decided I want some more lights, tracking right through all the cues after that and ruining any programming. That sort of issues.

Any tips tricks and help is greatly appreciated!
Cheers

Hey Dane, I'm just learning MA2 myself and have been researching similar things.
Here a doc by ETC that explains the differences tracking and cue-only and what exactly cue-only does. I found it extremely helpful.

This certainly helps. I'm still a little confused though. So choosing cue only when storing a cue doesn't let its contents be affected by data tracking through? Or a cue saved as cue only doesn't let its own data track through to later cues?

Also the record only option that's mentioned in that document under the EOS desks sounds good. Are you aware of a similar store mode in MA where data is only taken from the programmer and no where else?

Cheers

This certainly helps. I'm still a little confused though. So choosing cue only when storing a cue doesn't let its contents be affected by data tracking through? Or a cue saved as cue only doesn't let its own data track through to later cues?

Also the record only option that's mentioned in that document under the EOS desks sounds good. Are you aware of a similar store mode in MA where data is only taken from the programmer and no where else?

Cheers
That's the default for MA, hog, and other 'programmer oriented' consoles. Typically any values that are not "active" are not recorded unless you choose to record them.

Updating a cue "cue only" means that the next cue will not track those values through.

That's the default for MA, hog, and other 'programmer oriented' consoles. Typically any values that are not "active" are not recorded unless you choose to record them.

Updating a cue "cue only" means that the next cue will not track those values through.

Ah thanks so much this is really helpful and also exactly what I'm looking for to fix my problems.

My last question is can someone explain to me how the break/blocking/protect works. I know that a cue with these properties enabled has a white line above it in the cue list. But how do I turn it on for a cue and what does it do/when is it useful?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back