Magic Eraser, What is it?

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Pencil or scribe line, what's the first choice. Goway tool

Come on, when you are in the wood shop, what tool would you request to remove a pencil or scribe line on wood? Sending the new guy out for the Magic Erasor is a typical thing to do in a scene shop.

Last edited:
Sounds almost like something I've done...

"This wire is not long enough, hey new guy, go out to the truck and get the wire stretcher!"
A good test on the first day... Wouldn't believe how many of them go to the truck, look all over it and then come back a half hour later with a "I couldn't find it."

How do you find something, if you don't know what it is, or what it looks like?
Especially if it does not exist.

Plus, if you stretch wire, it looses it's rating and you have to THROW IT OUT.

The other one I've heard carpenters use is the "Board Stretcher".

No, not a Mr. Clean product. Can't believe nobody uses "the magic eraser" to remove scribe or pencil lines during layout especially for something that's going to show. Renegadeblack was closest.

Does this equation work Prof. Ship?

Sandpaper and a block of scrap + elbow grease = "the magic eraser"

I use this:
(But then I make LOTS of mistakes.):)

proxy.php
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]HarborFreight Sanding Belt Cleaner (Item#30766, $4.99)
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Dimensions: 8-1/2'' x 1-1/2'' x 1-1/2''
[/FONT]
...Just like the ArtGum eraser I use to use in elementary school, except bigger.[FONT=arial, sans-serif]:lol:
[/FONT]

Ah' getting there but does one on a long frame really have ability to belt sander it? Hand sanding it? You really call that a magical eraser?

Is it paint or a rotary tool?

Mix dishwashing detergent in hot water and swish to make a great volume of suds. Dip a cloth in only the foam and apply to the stain.

Could be a saw depending on how you mark your cuts. I like to leave a bit of line on the cut board to show it is not undersized. Then again I make pretty thick lines as my pencil wears down

Ah' it would seem that the "Magic Eraser" as a tool has fallen out of usage or it's a more local thing.

Keep trying if interest is kept. I use one constantly for not just removing mistakes but for..................................

Sanding blocks are too slow and labor intensive and don't specilize sufficiently, try a random orbital sander with say 120 grit paper.

Very strange for me such a tool don't have such a name to it as a common name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back