Control/Dimming MagicQ PC - DMX in via Shownet

As a new user of Chamsys MagicQ I am stumbling through what I can and can't get the software to do running at the moment on a PC platform. I have Shownet nodes and can get DMX out to work well. I would like to be able to use DMX in via this route but cannot get it to work.

Is this one of the functions only enabled when a Chamsys wing or interface is used? I can find no reference so far in the documentation that this is the case.

Spotblaster

spotblaster Posts: 1 Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:41 pm Country: United Kingdom

If I get some downtime at some point I will this a try with my magicQ setup. If you let is know what your goal is I might be of more help.

sent from my HTC Incredible

Thank you for your replies.

I would like to be able to firstly grab dmx (via Shownet) into MagicQ from another console so I can use MagicQ as a back up system. Secondly I would like to be able to add some physical faders in the form of a simple fader per channel dmx console so that I can drive playbacks on MagicQ and use them as submasters for plotting.

I have been referred elsewhere to the manual page that says dmx in triggering is not possible unless Chamsys hardware is connected. I had seen this but I thought dmx in triggering would be a means of activating a playback "go" by applying dmx of a certain value to a certain channel.

Is there a terminology misunderstanding on my part I wonder?

Thank you for your help.

Spotblaster

Secondly I would like to be able to add some physical faders in the form of a simple fader per channel dmx console so that I can drive playbacks on MagicQ and use them as submasters for plotting.

You SOL. If you want that functionality, you are going to have to buy a piece of hardware, either a USB widget or a wing. Chamsys is very protective of anything that could be used as a wing without paying for it. Now, it is possible to use shownet as a merger for 2 consoles and that works pretty well.

Chamsys knows what features to lock out to use the console in any type of large show. Buy their hardware if you want to use it beyond the Demo version. They are already giving a lot of functionality away for free, support them if you want more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back