Making people fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregmax19

Hey my high school is doing Midsummers night dream and we wanted the faries to fly. we could project but i keep thinking it would be cooler to do it with the actuall people. we dont have a ton to spend so under 500 would be good. and they also have to fly across the stage ik its crazy but whats my best soulution

Please see this article.

Do not attempt to fly anyone on your own. It can be done, but you must leave it up to the professionals. One person has died in the last two years because of home made flying rigs. Don't add to that number.

The companies that are out there that can do this will charge at least 3k.

Thread is closed.

Flying people for under $500? Forget all about it.

I'm working on a small middle school production of Peter Pan. We are paying $5,000 (plus hotel and car rental) to hire a professional to do the flying plus another $1600 to rent truss in order to do it safely in a strange theater. I'll post a report on the whole project when it's done. The first thing I told the director is there is NO WAY I'm involved with this project if you get any crazy ideas about doing the flying without the services of a professional. Fortunately she listened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back