Automated Fixtures Martin 575 Krypton Error Code Situation

Rhett

I noticed one of my Martin Kryptons wasn't lit, though its pan/tilt position seemed to be correct. I tried sending Lamp On and Reset commands from LightJockey, but the fixture didn't respond to either. So I flipped the breaker and reset the power to the fixture. The fixture then flashes "DOOR" as an error message for about 10 seconds, and then adds "PAER" and "TIER" to start a 3-message loop. Then the head moves toward the base and when it reaches the tilt limit, makes a gear-grinding sound (pressing against the base) for about 2 seconds. Since this was the first time I've seen this, I reset the power again, and it did the exact same thing.

Here's what the manual says about the error codes:

DOOR - the lamp access cover is not fully closed.

PAER/TIER - pan/tilt timeout; there is a malfunction in the electric indexing circuit for pan, tilt, focus or zoom. The fixture will, after the time-out, establish a mechanical stop, and continue to work normally.

The fixture is mounted to a fixed truss. I don't know how the lamp door could suddenly pop open, and how it relates to the pan/tilt errors.

Has anyone experienced this sequence of events with Martin moving heads? Any insight would be much appreciated. I need to make a decision as to whether I can fix the fixture on the truss or need to bring it down.

Thank you for any insight you can share.

Rhett

Last edited:
I should have called Martin from the start. A tech explained to me that a door code would set off the pan/tilt errors, as well as a few other things. He said I most likely wouldn't need to bring the unit down, just re-secure the lamp door.

So it should be all good. I'll post a report once I've been able to check it out.

Rhett

I have one doing the same thing. I had already tried adjusting the lamp door to try to solve the problem with little success. Were you able to get yours repaired. Any tricks to getting it to work.

Inside the lamp door, there is a microswitch. If you look at the backside of the door you will find a small pin that seats into a hole in the head when closed. Inside that hole is the door switch. Make sure that switch hasn't gone bad, you should hear a small click when it is depressed (it is the same type switch as the pan and tilt stops). Sometimes the switch will either break or more often it will shift back so that the pin can't make contact with it anymore and open up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back