Martin K1 Fog

Esoteric

You know, I just noticed today with my Martin K1 tonight that the fog stream (even at full output) wasn't a stead stream of fog (like my Magnum) but a sputtering stream. It also seemed to be putting out less haze than my Magnum. Even though it is rated at twice the output.

I am wondering if something happened on the last rental.

Mike

Well, I have a feeling the heater was failing. I got a HEAT ERR tonight.

It accidentally got filled up with Martin ProHaze fluid instead of K1 fluid. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it a huge problem?

Well RTFM and Specs only revealed that, on the surface, ProHaze and K1 have extremely similar characteristics. However, the ProHaze is designed for machines that output half of what the K1 does. This may mean a difference in viscosity or concentration that is affecting your machine. I would contact Martin directly since their manuals don't mention what to do if.....horror of horrors....the wrong fluid is used.

Yeah, I am going to call them tomorrow. I am, however, a bit worried that I just fried a $1000 hazer.

Fortunately, both have the same base, so it is probably more so flushing the system and how to do so safely. It should be fine. I managed to resurrect an old Rosco 1600 this summer with some maintenance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back