Martin Mac 250 not running properly.

Hello all,

I have used this for research and such but have never posted so here goes...I am a recent college graduate so I am still learning day by day...so bare with me...

Our film production company just inherited 6 Martin Mac 250 Entours from a night club that shut down. All of them seem to work spectacularly except for one.

There are a few issues I am having and before I call tech support I was hoping I could get some help.

1) When fixture gets plugged in and runs its "start up demo" it stops during its pan and makes a terrifying grinding sound.

2)When I run the TEST on it, It just doesnt do it....the lamp doesnt come on (lamp is set to auto ON)....and the pan and tilt do not run....yet the display screen says that it is running....

Soooooo if you have any suggestions or tutorials for me that you be beautiful!

-Isis

The grinding sounds could be from a motor going bad or possibly one of the color flag sliders needs some graphene/ lube (I don't know what is safe to lubricate parts inside of a hot moving light.

Have you checked the lamp? It probably needs to be replaced. Could also be a ballast issue. It sounds like you're going to have to send it to a shop that has a Martin qualified tech look at it. At least $250 repair, maybe closer to 500, depending what's the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back