Martin MPC and Midi

Hey Everyone!

Been looking for a long time now for a solid software control solution with easy integration to cheap hardware. As for someone beginning to do Freelance LD it would be awesome to have some basic hardware I own So i dont need to be always hiring a console.

I currently own a Enttec ODE Artnet Node and recently found out that MPC offers a whole universe of output free through artnet. As someone who comes from mostly an MA Background where every dmx output option is at least $1200 + this seemed like a fantastic offer and I know that a lot of the MA knowledge translates quite easily into MPC. This got me thinking as the only thing missing from this MPC deal was some hardware.

A quick google search revealed MPC tools with some super easy and powerful integration to MIDI hardware. Awesome! Now I know the Mtouch is a fairly reasonable price but for someone who already owns some Midi controllers one of which has motorised faders why spend anymore money? And the IOS Remote also opens up some more easy remote functions

So just wondering if anyone has tried this and thinks it would be feasible for some farily small intelligent rigs. May also couple it with a touchscreen down the line.

Cheers.

How did it turn out? Im thinking of using mpc and an mtouch with additional midi controllers. Which midi controllers do you own that work well with your setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back