MC 24/48 console lights malfunctioning

headcrab

We use LED console lights (Littlite 18G-LED) on our NSI MC 24/48. Recently they would not illuminate. I could set the level to anything I wanted and the lights would not work. However, the red LEDs are dimly glowing. These console lights use high power LEDs so I expect that a very small current, perhaps a few mA, is flowing. If I connect our old incandescent lights, I get no light.

What's going on and how do I fix it?

Sounds like a failed 12V power supply rail. Does the rest of the console function as expected? I suspect you'll need to contact your nearest Leviton Service Center. Or, if the rest of the desk works, a less expensive solution: weighted base and power supply from Littlite (I can't find it on their site.)

So I went ahead and built stand-alone bases (from 1900 boxes) for these lights, and for the most part, they work fine. However, one of the lights now seems to have a loose connector. In the process of plugging in the BNC and locking the ring, the LEDs might flash, as though the connection is loose, but they will not stay on.

Is this something I can fix? I notice there are two flats on the connector, suggesting that I might be able to take the connector apart, but I don't want to try unless that's what they're for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back