Memphis Beale Street Music Festival Close Call

I'm glad I don't work with these guys or attend shows staged by them. First, they stay and work with a storm packing 127 MPH winds approaching, lower the roof with personnel underneath, and then have the guts to re-erect the damaged roof without an engineer's inspection?

They made not one, but three reckless, and potentially fatal mistakes, and by their remarks seem destined to continue making decisions that way. These guys are dangerous and will eventually get someone killed.

In regards to the weather... I was involved in a very large scale event with well over 100,000 people in attendance. We knew about 30-40 minutes out that weather was on the way and the event continued on schedule. A short time later the storm hit and hit hard. In a matter of seconds dozens were hurt and one person was dead. There was nothing but destruction left. The death took place about six feet from me and I was the first person there. I pulled others from the wreckage... Long story short, it took a long long time and lots of bad dreams till I got over it. Do not fool around with the weather. It will kill you. If you know it is coming get the people and yourself to safety as quickly as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back