Microphone Madness (MM-audio) mics

jkowtko

Has anyone out there been using the MM-audio headworn or earworn mics ... the ones that are supposed to compete with the E6?

Dramatech posted a year or so ago that his theater was using then and was fairly happy with the results for the price. If anyone has more recent info to share, good or bad, I'd like to know as I'm preparing to buy a number of headworn mics and don't want to pay for another E6 or spend hours making ugly coat hanger booms for our B3s ....

Thanks. John

I've been using the MM-Audio single ear mics for about a year now and I can't be happier. They sound full and balanced and hold up well. I am replacing all my countrymen mics with them and for the money they can't be beat.

Great to hear :)

I forgot to ask -- any issues with sweat? Do you keep the windscreens on or can you leave them off without risking damage to the elements?

Thanks. John

+1 for MM Mic's

I use the double ear pieces. I've put makeup on them, I have bent them to fit. I've pinned and taped them in place. I have yet to experience any element issues from sweat, spittle or anything else. For $120 ea, I'll just replace them if I do.

The only down side of the double ear piece is that they fit a man's head well, but they do not fit a petite or a teenager's' head well. If I had it to do again, I would buy the single ear pieces.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back