Control/Dimming MIDI on Leprecon LP-1500

BobHealey

I was reading the manual for the LP-1500 series last night to see if it was possible to remotely trigger the cue stack. The text of the manual seems to imply this is possible, but the table of MIDI notes has no mapping to the GO button. Has anyone successfully triggered the cue stack on this board via a remote MIDI command, and if so, how did you do it?

Thanks

I know that the LP-1500 is indeed supposed to be MIDI-triggerable, but I've never had reason to try it myself (the LM-850 also was MIDI capable). I'd suggest calling Leprecon at (888) 422-3537 and asking them for help, they're always good about supporting older products.

The example in the manual is incorrect, while the MIDI chart is right. There is no MIDI mapping for the GO button. You could instead use the Crossfade fader, for which Continuous Controller 36 hex (54 decimal) is defined, but unless you wanted instantaneous changes (from 0 to 127 or vice versa) you would have to make several intermediate changes, probably resulting in 'stepped' fades. Also note that setting of the initial cue number would have to be done at the board; it cannot be set via MIDI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back