MIPRO MA-707 Fault!

FunnyFellow

Sound Technician
[rant]
I take all the good things i have said about Mipro all back. I was working with one of their MA-707's and in the middle of an assembly, the whole unit failed! Well I admit there was still power to all the other accessories on it E.G CD Player, Wireless System, etc. that is also out of warranty as well :evil: (I admit it was only 2 or so months out).
[/rant]

:angryoldman::angryoldman::angryoldman:

Goodness knows how it failed. It just did.
Aside from that, when I turned it on this morning, it was in perfect condition!

the blasted thing was not working again today!

@CSCTech Was it the 'Phantom' of the sound system? LOL

Overall the MA707 series is fairly reliable. We have seen quite a few come in for repair as they're quite widely sold here in Australia.

I think we've seen some issues with the power switch, power relay and a few dud power supplies. Maybe check the battery crimp terminals are tight. There is also a certain batch of serial numbers that need an upgraded power supply.

You need to establish if the power light goes off or if the audio just stops. There's no point asking for a solution if you can't specify the real nature of the problem. "It's faulty" just doesn't cut it I'm afraid!

Last edited:
Overall the MA707 series is fairly reliable. We have seen quite a few come in for repair as they're quite widely sold here in Australia.

I think we've seen some issues with the power switch, power relay and a few dud power supplies. Maybe check the battery crimp terminals are tight. There is also a certain batch of serial numbers that need an upgraded power supply.

You need to establish if the power light goes off or if the audio just stops. There's no point asking for a solution if you can't specify the real nature of the problem. "It's faulty" just doesn't cut it I'm afraid!

I was not asking for help. Someone moved it over to sound from what went wrong and the power light does work.

We have also had numerous problems with the mipro ma 707. At current it sits in a room, getting no power, and not charging. Anyone have any ideas? Fuse? Is the fuse accessible? Need new rechargable batteries? I am a year 6/7 teacher without electrical qualifications - but I am fearless with a screwdriver and the bosses permission to pull it apart. Of course the unit is out of warranty by the way.

We have also had numerous problems with the mipro ma 707. At current it sits in a room, getting no power, and not charging. Anyone have any ideas? Fuse? Is the fuse accessible? Need new rechargable batteries? I am a year 6/7 teacher without electrical qualifications - but I am fearless with a screwdriver and the bosses permission to pull it apart. Of course the unit is out of warranty by the way.
fearless with a screwdriver isn't always the best... would you fearlessly stick that screwdriver into a wall socket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back